Hostal MindanaoAddress: Paseo de San Vicente 2, Salamanca, Spain
Average rating: 100%
Rooms from: US$ 36.09
As a gift you may choose: the second drinks free or discounts on tours of Salamanca and discounts on spa services, depending on the season.!
Art - Culture
Buildings of special interest
1. Plaza Mayor. Doubtless, the most beautiful arcaded square in Spain. Baroque in design and dating from the 18th century, the square is flanked on its northern side by de Town Hall, itself built in the same style.
2. Casa de las Conchas. Regarded as the most representative secular construction of the times of the Catholic King and Queen, the "House of Shells" dates from the late 15th century and features windows with remarkable iron grilles.
3. Clerecia. The Holy Spirit Church was begun in 1617 on the orders of Philip III in baroque style as a part of the old Jesuits' College.
4. The University. Founded in the early 13th century, this is the oldest university in Spain. The present-day building boasts a Plateresque fa?e, so beautifully carved that it takes on the appearance of fi nely worked precious metal, featuring a bust of the Catholic King and Queen and the imperial emblem of Charles V.
5. The Old Cathedral. The construction of the cathedral was begun in Romanesque style in the 12th century and continued throughout those that followed. Its main altarpiece is a work of the Italian Nicolas Florentino. Dominating the exterior is the Byzantine dome known as the "Rooster's Tower".
Bus station is next to Hostel. A train station is 20 minutes walking (Bus 11 to Property and the stop is Hospital Sant?ma Trinidad)). Taxis are beside to the property (Taxi phone in Salamanca: 923 25 00 00. Matac?Airport is 15 km from Hostel, and modern motorways from all directions are coming to Salamanca. Parking free and non free 24 hours next to hotel.
Salamanca is very famous by a great variety of restaurants (traditional, regional, design, vegetarian food), bars, disco pub (for example "La Camelot", and so on. You will enjoy an special wine and delicious local products: Iberian ham, chafaina, cabrito asado, cheese, hornazo, cochinillo al fuego, farinato, chochos ( dulces anisados) , bollo maim?and others.
We feature 30 guest bedrooms here at the Hostal Mindanao; each room features private bathroom facilities, a television and cosy heating. Other amenities here at Hostal Mindanao include free WiFi internet access.
As mentioned already the Hostal Mindanao is an eco-friendly property- here at the B&B we do our best to ensure our property contributes in a positive manner towards our planet and the environment. Guests will find a leaflet, translated into many languages, in their rooms which explains the Hostal Mindanao\'s environmental policies. Some of the steps we take in ensuring that we are as kind to the environment as possible include water dispensers in the all showers and wash rooms to prevent waste in water, the use of energy efficient light bulbs throughout the property, the recycling of as much paper as possible in the reception area and the separating of all refuse to ensure as much rubbish is disposed of in the correct manner and anything recyclable is recycled and not wasted. We encourage all guests staying with us to be environmentally conscious- and remind them of such through our uniforms which feature the recycling logo.
Salamanca is proudly a UNESCO World Heritage Site- meaning the city has lots of culture and history for tourists to enjoy. We located close to many of the city\'s top historical attraction such as Palacio de Congresos y Exposiciones de Castilla y Le?nd the Plaza Mayor. Other must see attractions nearby include a range of parks. Guests staying with us here in Hostal Mindanao can enjoy a range of top restaurants, bars and cafes all of which are located nearby- Salamanca is famous for a range of local delicacies including Iberian hams, cheeses and wines which are a must try in some of the local eateries. For those looking for a more active break a range of bicycle tours, guided tours, excursions and exhibitions are available throughout the year close to the property.
Cancellation must be received 48 hours prior to arrival- for bookings during Spanish national holidays cancellation must be received 7 days prior to arrival.
Check-in time 4pm- Please advise about arrival time at booking.
Check-out time 12pm.
We only accept Visa, MasterCard and Maestro credit cards for card payments.
Private Parking of Santisima Trinidad
Corte Ingles Galery
Plaza Mayor ( Center of Salamanca)
Two big green parks
15 Km from de Matacan Airport
||- Laundry Facilities|
|| Business Centre:
|- Hair Dryer||- Luggage Storage|
Latest Customer Reviews and Ratings
(Hostelworld.com and Affiliate sites)
The ratings in the rating box are based on all-time feedback for Hostal Mindanao and are the opinions of the customers who submitted them; they do not express the opinions of Hostelworld.com or our affiliate sites.